About Me





Monday, March 10, 2008

Rambling, again...

I know, I know, you are all probably getting sick of posts that are LONG and are full of snippets of thoughts from me, well, sorry that's just the mood I'm in lately. And if you knew me in real life, you would know that that's the way I really am. I think I need ADD meds. But I digress...

12 pounds are gone sisters. I know I told you that my scale was giving me reason to think that another pound was gone several days ago, well, turns out its been gone for like 4 days. I guess I just can't believe that I am finally losing the weight so it just takes me a while to announce it to my public (you know sort of like an Angelina Jolie/Jennifer Lopez pregnancy without the morning sickness and the pushing) (oh, and did you know that you are my public, No? now you do).

On Saturday I ran, hold your breath, 4.5 miles! I do think I'll just stick to that distance for a while though. No sense in hurting myself just to prove I can do it. I think for now I will work on speed and add some inclines. I am doing some strength training too. I seriously need to get this belly in shape! Ugh, you don't even want to see what three kids has done to it!

On Thursday of last week I went to my husbands office to meet him for lunch. One of his co-workers said "How much weight have you lost?" I said "11 pounds". Later when my hubs returned to his office his co-worker asked him how I did it and he told him about the C25K and my diet. When my hubby got home he asked me to print off a copy of the running plan because the co-worker wanted it! That is like the 5th person I printed it off for! I am so happy to inspire other people to get healthy! After all, had Sasha not posted it on her blog I would have never known about it!

Its time to start shopping for a bathing suit. Can you say yuck? It will probably be a little easier this year since I've lost weight but is shopping for a suit ever fun? I need a new one but I dread the search. I saw one that I fell in love with in the J.Crew catalog a few weeks ago but when I went online to look at it, I couldn't find it. Which leads me to believe that maybe it sold out. Oh well. It probably is not a good idea for me to buy one without getting to try it on first anyways. I like to have at least 3 though. I know this sounds crazy but we spend a lot of time at the pool in the summer and we go to the beach at least twice! My kids each get 3 or 4 every summer too! We live less than a mile from the country club where we are members so, its natural that we practically live there!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Can I just tell you that I hate you because that is the mood I am in today, LOL...JUST KIDDING...but I am so jealous that you are doing so well. I am stuck...this weight doesn't want to go anywhere and I am slowly losing my motivation to eat well and get up and exercise. I finally started my lovely period last night and what did Big K cook...Brownies...so of course I ate a big brownie. I didn't go to the gym this morning:( I have been stressed out about finances and I am an emotional eater so this week hasn't been good. We have to buy a car and currently don't have car payments so that is stressing me out! Well..I have turned your rambling post into a place for me to ramble too...too bad you don't live her to make me motivated to get my butt to the gym!!!! Oh and of course I will get you a purse!

Jennifer said...

live here...not her..

A.D. said...

Wow...4.5 miles...amazing!!! I'm going on vaca in 1 1/2 weeks and I desperately want to fit in my bikini, but I'm not sure if it is going to happen. I'm just going to keep running and eating good until then and just hope for the best. If all else fails, I can always wear my tankini (my stomach is my main problem too!). Good luck with the bathing suit search...I hate shopping for bathing suits. It is always very despressing!

Rachael said...

Congrats on the 12#! I'm happy to report that I lost 2# last week on the "I just got my wisdom teeth out" diet. I hope and pray I can keep up that momentum or I don't want to even think about bathing suit shopping!

Good job on the 4.5 miles! I've pretty much just started winging it on the the C25K plan. Yesterday I ran 3.1 miles. YEAH!