About Me





Monday, June 13, 2011

I run so far away...

Sunday Workout:
12 Miles/9:15 pace

There's something about Sunday morning runs that I enjoy. I don't know if it is getting a good run in and then going to church or if it's running across Wilson Dam as the sun is coming up. It's such a beautiful picture and next time I'm going to stop and actually take a picture to post. Everyone else that runs that route with me has their iPod in and can't believe I don't run with any music. That's my time to think, pray, appreciate the beauty of my surroundings and thank God for blessing me with my health so that I can run again...it just takes me away. This all sounds so mellow-dramatic but I really do get that way on this loop I run. If I think back to important points in my life I get overwhelmed at how God has blessed me through my trials (hip injury, cancer, closing my store) and my blessings (husband, kids, church, friends) and where I am now and not to fear the future because I know He will guide my path and protect me.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Have a great day! I'll be back with my Monday post.
Jennifer

No comments: