About Me





Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Out of the Park Homerun!

Good Afternoon! I hope that you are all having a wonderful day! My morning started off bright and early with a strength workout with none other than Jennifer! It totally kicked my heinie! Then it was home to shower and have some breakfast (Apple and cinnamon Oats and Buckwheat, recipe to come soon!), and get the big kids off to school.

I don't know if I have ever mentioned it on the blog or not, but Tuesdays are always a bit rushed and crazy around here. I am usually running around like a mad woman in a mini-van trying to get my girls to dance after school, homework, dinner, baths, bedtime! Ugh! So, to keep me from going completely over the edge, I have to cook something extra quick on Tuesdays. Enter Eggplant Parmesan! "What?" you say, "Eggplant Parmesan can not be easy!" Oh, but it is! This is not an official recipe, so I hope you will forgive me, but its so easy I really think that you don't need measurements. (PS. If you still can't figure it out send me a message and I will send you more precise instructions!)

Easy Eggplant Parmesan

2 small Egg Plants
2 eggs
Panko bread crumbs
2 TBLS. Olive Oil
1 jar Pasta sauce of your choice
Parmesan cheese
Mozzarella cheese
Heat oven to 375 degrees and coat a cookie sheet with Olive Oil. Crack two eggs into a shallow dish and whisk. Place @ 1-1.5 c. of bread crumbs into another dish. If you can use some that look worse than mine, it would make me feel much, much, better...


Next, slice your eggplants lengthwise about a 1/4 inch thick. You will need around 8 slices.

Then take your EP slices and dip them first into the egg and next into the bread crumbs making sure they are covered well.

Place in a single layer on cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, then flip them over and bake for another 10. Remove from oven. I got mine done this far and then headed back to the dance studio. When I arrived home, I put about 1/3 sauce in the bottom of a small baking dish, then I layered the eggplant and cheeses (sort of like you would a lasagna. I then repeated the layers once more and ended with a little more sauce spooned on top and cheese. I increased the heat to 475 degrees and baked it for about 20 more minutes!

Oh yall, this is as good as it looks! My kiddos licked their plates and Little Sister declared it the best meal I ever made! I served it with a greens salad and garlic bread. Home run! After dinner I sent my friend Jana (who's kids WILL NOT touch anything remotely healthy) this text:

Me: I just hit a home run with dinner. Eggplant Parmesan. They licked their plates clean.
Jana: Eggplant? Seriously? I give up.
Me: I know! And little Sister asked for seconds! They are totally getting a pony!
Jana: Wanna trade?

Question of the day: What meals have you made lately that your family has loved? What day of the week is your busiest?

I plan on sharing the Oatmeal/Buckwheat recipe with you tomorrow along with some chit chat on being a Creature of Habit!

~Carie

No comments: