About Me





Friday, February 15, 2008

I can't believe I forgot to tell you....

OMG! Have you ever had lunch with a friend and had some really exciting news to tell her and then the waiter comes and takes your order and then you get interrupted by someone you know coming up to the table and then she has to tell you about the terrible morning she has had and then you sympathize with a similar story and then the waiter brings the food and you ooh and aah over how good it looks and then the waiter brings the check and you pay and search your purse for a mint and then hug your friend good-by and then get in the car and realize that you forgot to tell her your really exciting good news?

Well, that is how I have felt all day. I put a lot into the previous post thinking "Look what I am doing for my friends, I am helping them make better food choices. But, I can't wait to tell them my really exciting news!" Well, I forgot to tell you all that....I have lost 9 pounds! Yep, yep, yep, yep, me I did it! I am so excited! On top of it my father-in-law noticed tonight and he's not the type to usually notice things like that!

So, there you go, the news for the day, I just had to tell you!

5 comments:

Kate said...

Way to go w/ the 9 pounds!

Rachael said...

I'm happy for you and jealous all at the same time!

Carie said...

Thanks Kate! I've worked really hard. My motivation is knowing that I have to get into a bathing suit again on Memorial Day Weekend! (and maybe sooner) Ugh!

Don't be jealous Rach! I have struggled with this for sometime! You are going to do it too!

Jennifer said...

GO CM!!! That is Great! My motivation is definitely having to get into a bathing suit this summer too...and of course the person I am always in one with just happends to be AR...and well we are on two totally different ends of the size spectrum, lol:) It is hilarious to go shopping with her! I think she is the only person in this world that knows what size I am! Hopefully we can all be together in our bathing suits this summer! Did Shana's order ever get completed? I didn't get to order and need to!!!!(Well..good grief..I just wrote a a book!)

A.D. said...

That is awesome...way to go! I'm struggling with making healthy lifestyle changes right now, but I'm slowly making some progress. It helps to hear about your success and makes me think that maybe it is possible after all!