About Me





Sunday, February 24, 2008

7 down 2 to go!

I doubled up last week since I was sick the week before and didn't make it to the gym at all! I completed weeks 6 and 7 and will start on week 8 tomorrow! I am so excited. I have to tell all of you who are still on weeks 1-5 that I think weeks 6-9 are easier. I don't like all of the starting and stopping anymore! I know it has its purpose to train you and to gradually work you into running but I like to just run the full 30 minutes nonstop. Thats really what I am doing now. I'm not really sticking with the C25K plan anymore, just running for 30 minutes. I have to tell you all that it feels great!

I also have to tell you guys that I have lost a total of 10 pounds now! You know the first 6 came off quickly. It took another 3 weeks after that to lose the 9 and it has taken 2 more weeks to get to 10! But, I know that initially the weight comes off fast and then levels off as you get closer to your goal which right now is 10 pounds away!

How is everyone else doing?

8 comments:

A.D. said...

Good job...I hope I can do as well as you when I get to week 6-9! I'm on week 5, day 2, and I'm really freaked out about the last day (20 minutes running). Hopefully, I'll make it through!

JenD said...

I downloaded the podcasts to see if that helps me not get so bored. Even with music, sometimes I have trouble staying on task. I do always do 30 minutes of cardio, but sometimes I just do half on the treadmill and the other half on an eliptical or arc trainer.

We are coming up your way in April for the art festival. We will have to get together

Jen

Carie said...

Let me know when you will be in town!

Rachael said...

You Rock.

We must try to 10K together this summer!

Lori said...

Yay for you! I wish I was having as good a time with this as you are. I am struggling to keep at it.
I'm glad to hear it gets easier, I agree stopping and starting is harder, but I don't have the stamina yet to run for 30 min straight.

Sasha said...

That is fabulous! You are doing awesome!

Jennifer said...

You go girl! I am on Week 7 but Friday I think I am going to go for running 30 minutes instead of 25. Paige is trying to talk me into doing a 10k in May...I am doing a 5k in April. It is so crazy to me that I am really running!!!!

Carie said...

Thanks guys, you all keep me honest and motivated!