About Me





Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Weekend Update


**This is a repost of a repost or a repost!!!! Blogger keeps kicking my posts off!!! So...if your still interested, here is what I have been trying to post since LAST WEEKEND :( **
Happy Mother's Day!

Today has been a great day. I tried to do all things that I enjoy today because ya know...it's Mother's Day and well, I'm a mom! Early morning run by myself listening to a sermon on my iPhone. Church didn't happen this morning because the moment we got there, my daughter felt sick from the medicine she's taking so we left before it even started. Bummer. Then a four hour nap on the couch, a little tv watching and then back to church.

So my sweet kids surprised me with some special homemade cards and this tile that Riley made. Then I opened my next present to find this SWEET new Nike running outfit! LOVE cannot describe this cute outfit. I saw this outfit on a runner at a race last weekend and commented on it. Riley payed attention and told The Captain that I liked it! Yay Riley!



So this weekend Carie and I went to help out with a disaster relief group in a neighboring town. We spent the day organizing supplies so tornado victims can come and get the supplies they need from clothes, food, cleaning supplies, toiletries, etc.
On our way, we some saw some of the devestation first hand. I would love to show the pictures but Blogger isn't cooperating...Grrr... so I will cut this short.



Have you ever experienced devestation where you live? What did you do to contribute to the relief efforts?

No comments: