About Me





Friday, December 4, 2009

Hello! Hello!

So, in the past, I have complained about being busy. But, you know what? I secretly like it. As long as I am doing things for my children and helping in the community and keeping the balance, I am good. What have you been up to?

My girls are both taking baton and dance right now and are loving it. Big sister had her second grade Christmas program last night that was simply ADORABLE! Tonight both girls will twirl in our town Christmas parade and on Sunday Little Sister will dance at our local Christmas marketplace! So cute! I can't wait to see my girls perform! They are definately girly girls and I love it!

It is so cold! I haven't been running as much because of it! Ugh! Lets just say that at 4:30 am the temp is a little too on the cool side for me to get motivated enough to get out from under my down comforter and get out there! I have promised myself that I will get back on it next week.

I want everyone who reads this blog to know something. I don't know if I say this enough or not...but it has been on my mind for a while to tell you all this. Being thin is not everything nor is it my ulimate goal (and it shouldn't be yours). My goal is to be as healthy as I can be. Eating right and exercising are the best ways to accomplish that. I want to be healthy for several reasons but the biggest reason is to be a good example for my children and so that I can be here for them for a very long time! My struggle with weight and health began with parents who were not a good example for my brothers and I. My parents both lead sedentary lives and are not, nor have they ever been, healthy eaters. They are both over weight and because of this have had health issues. Because of my dads struggle with weight he had a quadruple bypass one year ago. I want more for my family and more for my life. I don't want my chest cut open at age 55! I don't want my kids to wonder why mom never plays outside with them! Those of us who are mothers carry around a few extra pounds, it happens. And yes, as we age we will begin to see changes in our bodies. But ladies, I am just 33,and even though I have given birth to 3 children, I am not yet ready to give up the battle!

3 comments:

Tabitha Blue said...

Wow, that is busy, but it all sounds wonderful!! And as far as your health goals, that's the best reason!! My husband is one the same track as you, we all are really, but he really is motivated. Seeing some health complications is his father has helped us make better choices. I pray we teach our kids the right way to take care of ourselves. :)

~Tabitha

AR said...

happy 2010...love you my friend!

Jennifer said...

Heyyyy