About Me





Thursday, August 13, 2009

Life, life, life....

School is back in session and I am meeting it with a mixture of emotions. On one hand I am glad because this house becomes a disaster during the summer and all schedules get thrown out the window! On the other hand it means that my precious babies are getting older and older and closer to not needing me anymore!

I am still running, running, running! Up to something like 405 miles (I think)! I have a new Garmin Forerunner that keeps track of my mileage and I love it! Very expensive but highly worth it if you are committed to a running career! I have officially begun the 1/2 marathon training plan and am looking forward to October! I love setting goals and reaching them!

Reading has been great! I need to update my sidebar! I finally read "Gone With The Wind"! I'm not sure what took me so long but it was fabulous to say the least. Scarlett... what a character. Extremely immature! Lesson learned? You don't know what you've got till its gone! She did everything possible to push Rhett away and in the end all she wanted was....Rhett! Goodness gracious! I wanted to strangle that girl! However, you gotta love her and her "I'll think about that tomorrow" attitude! I am reading the sequel that of course was not written by Margaret Mitchell but by Alexandra Ripley. Good book but I don't like it as much as the original, naturally.

I am also reading another book "Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be, a 90 day guide to living the Proverbs 31 life" by Donna Partow. The introduction alone got me hooked! I am enjoying this book so much! I want to be the best wife, mother, and friend I can be while following Christ with everything I have. I love the verse in Joshua that states "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." I like to change it in my head sometimes and say "As for ME I will serve the Lord". I have a friend who is married to an unbeliever and there are times that it takes toll on her relationship with the Lord and her marriage overall. We have had many conversations about it and the underlying theme is always "you can not change someone else, but you can change yourself" You can choose to be the best wife even when your husband is not being the best husband, because God told you to. You can choose to be the best mom even when your kids are being hard to deal with, because God told you to. You can choose to follow God and do what you know is right according to His word because you know you have to! Its hard, oh it is so hard, (and I watch her struggle and I see myself struggle) but the payoff is knowing that I am serving the Lord and my reward comes from Him!

Okay, done with my sermon!

I hope you all had a wonderful summer! Keep me posted on your progress! I'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

You're back! Yeah. (I still have you in my bloglines, so I got the heads up.)

I need to update my reading list too. I've read a ton this year, but am way behind in keeping up the list. I'll be well over my 50.

Now the running...not so much. But, my husband and I have recently started jogging together in the morning! This is a first for us, since we've never been able to leave the kids. But, now that Kristen is 12 and responsible enough for short periods of time to watch the kids, we have this newly found freedom! I'm finding Derrick to be kind of a drill sargeant trainer, so hopefully I will catch up! =)

Carie said...

Yeah Rachael! Good for you!