About Me





Sunday, September 28, 2008

Yumm-ola!

I haven't used that term in a while (don't know where's its been?) but it is quite fitting for this recipe! Friday morning I made the most delicious pumpkin muffins and I hope you all are sitting down (and why wouldn't you be if you are using your computer) because you are not going to believe this...they are only 95 calories! I know, I'm shocked too! You can eat like 3 for breakfast! Too cool right? Anyhow this is so funny because I logged onto JKW's blog today and she had already posted the same recipe! What coincidence.

All 3 kids loved them along with Hubs too! They were a hit! I followed the directions and used the spice cake mix because the comments said that if you use white or yellow they are kind of bland and you need to add a whole bunch of stuff too it. I did however add a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to rev up the flavor a bit per one of the suggestions and they were fabulous. I think this recipe is going into heavy rotation around here!

This weekend Hubs asked me to make him some "football food" as he calls it. On game day Saturdays he likes either chili (made last weekend), hot wings, hot wing dip *, or burgers. I didn't have everything on hand for any of those so I searched my new favorite blog for inspiration and found the crock pot Cheesy bacon dip for the little dipper! It was really good and we ate it with Fritos. It doesn't make a lot so I suggest doubling the recipe if you are making it for more than 2 people.

Also from the crock pot Lady...last weekend we tried Homemade crock pot applesauce and it was soooo good! I made it for breakfast and the kids ate almost all of it! You really should try it!

Hope you all are having a good Sunday night! Remember tomorrow is Monday, do you
know where your meal plan is?

*If you make the hot wing dip be sure to use only white meat. I thought I would use some dark mixed in once and it was too greasy, yuck. Also, only use really good quality chunky blue cheese dressing, in this recipe you can tell the difference. Oh and the hot sauce you need is Texas Pete's (or a similar brand) hot wing sauce, not just the hot sauce, there is a difference!

No comments: