About Me





Monday, September 1, 2008

Menu Plannin'

So, if you read yesterdays post you know that this week is an extremely busy week for me! There is lots going on during the day and in the afternoon and early evening hours, so meal planning in a necessity. Looking at what we've got in the house now, here are the meals we are having this week. Hopefully nothing crazy will happen and it will all work out this way! As most of you read, I was going to try to get Hubs to grill today, but last night our neighbor came over with a TON of left-over food from a football party they had at his house on Saturday night (party was fun, go BAMA). He insisted on leaving a ton of cheeseburgers with us so Hubs was off the hook as far as grilling was concerned! Ha!


Monday - Left-over hamburgers
Tuesday - Crock-Pot Lasagna with Garlic bread and salad
Wednesday - Leftover Lasagna
Thursday - Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken (Boneless, skinless chicken breasts and Teriyaki sauce, EASIEST RECIPE EVER) with steamed broccoli and carrots and brown rice*
Friday - Left-over Teriyaki Chicken
Saturday - Crock Pot Oniony Pork Chops with Green beans and Baked Potatoes
Sunday - Left-over pork chops

*My kids adore steamed broccoli and carrots and I don't even have to serve them with cheese sauce. I've also been making brown rice instead of white for a while now, but last week I ran out and made white instead and no one ate it. They all said it had no flavor. So, I guess its back to the healthy stuff for us. Yup, my kids are strange, they also eat rice cakes and Edamame.

So, there you have it folks now the world knows what the Mc's will be eating this week! What recipes/tools make your life easier?

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Wow, I never heard of making lasagne in a crock pot! I will have to give that a try. I've been wanting to plan meals better myself. I have the extra challenge of working and then when I get home everyone is starving. I'm thinking that maybe if I start a crock pot over my lunch hour (I usually come home for lunch) it'd be ready in time. Thanks for the idea!

Carie said...

Hey Rach, Since you guys are vegaterians you should try the crock pot vegaterian lasagna over at crockpot 365. You'll have to search her posts under "vegaterian". I think it has squash, zucchini and eggplant in it. It looked really yummy! Her blog address is crockpot365.blogspot.com
How in the world do you work and take care of 4 kids? I can barely get a shower and I don't work and only have 3. Do you sleep?

Jennifer said...

Holy Cow CM...did you look at the calories in a serving of that lasagna? Not that you really need to be worrying about calories or anything...but goodness! You would have been impressed with dinner around here...hubby wasn't home and we had soccer practice...I had a lean cuisine...K had peanut butter on crackers and H had ham and shredded cheese...yeah I went all out tonight, lol!

JenD said...

CM - Also check out the book "Fix it and Forget About it" It has tons of good crock pot receipes.

After September, Hubs is going to be home more, so we get to be a "real" family again and have "real" meals.

Rachael said...

Hey, just wanted you to know, I made the crock pot lasagne! It was awesome. Of course, I changed the recipe a bit (used the morningstar recipie starters grillers crumbles instead of beef, add added portabello mushrooms), but it was really good! And, holy cow, the calorie count freaked me out on the recipe. But, they only counted the recipe as 4 servings, and we fed our whole family of 6, plus there is still almost half left in the crock pot, so it's not really that bad, and I used lowfat cottage cheese and a little less mozzarella. Thanks for the inspiration! Also, there's a little bit of a funny story behind my effort to make this. I'll have to work up the energy to blog about it. Maybe tomorrow. I'm sapped tonight! :)