About Me





Friday, July 11, 2008

I'm still running....

Rachael asked how the running is going and the answer is good...until this week. I had a great week last week. I was up to running 9 miles at a time and I did that 3 times that week with a 3 mile walk/run with AR when she came to visit. This week? not so much. I have only ran once and it was only 7 miles! I've just had a busy week and several late,late nights which made it impossible for me to get up early and run. I know you are thinking "Why doesn't she just run later in the day?" Well, its like 95 degrees here in the deep south right now with terrible humidity. So, I'm pretty much forced to run early in the morning. Anyhow, I have no doubt I will be ready for the half-marathon in September, its just that this week has been a bust! But, theres always next week!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

You go girl with your 9 miles:) I definitely know what you mean about the heat...I am not even attempting running outside right now. The gym treadmill and I are becoming best friends:) Oh..and I need next week to be better too:)

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachael said...

Um, 9 miles 3 TIMES A WEEK?

I predict you'll do a full marathon next. You rock.

Carie said...

Um, nope. I just don't see me running for 4 straight hours! 26 miles? All at once? I just don't think so! It doesn't even interest me at this point. Talk to me in a year!

AR said...

I guess we are all in the same boat. I walk/ran once this week. I had good intentions of getting up and doing it, just didn't happen. I'm going to do better this coming up week.

BoosMom said...

I can't believe you can run that long at a time! I can't even run 2 minutes!!! Good for you!

Unknown said...

9 miles is awesome!
I am working on speed right now....down to 8 minute miles...but I only do 3 miles at a time.
Next week will be your week to rock it! Get it girl!