About Me





Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Blissful Few Days


Since its summer vacation, I have more time to read. Right now I am reading the above book. It had been recommended by several people and of course the movie came out last year. I haven't seen the movie but I saw where it is coming out on video soon so I thought I would read it before it does! So far, it is great. 732 pages! I'm 200 in and I am totally hooked. Phillipa Gregory has several books about the Tudor time period and I can't wait to read the rest!

Aaaaahhh! Can you feel it? Its summer! The only downside is that we had our fair share (and everyone elses) of rain last week, however, it all turned around and the week ended on a high note!

We spent the last part of last week at the club swimming! My kids were excited that the pool had finally opened for the season! It was so nice to hang out there and get to socialize with some of the other moms! Since we now have been spending most of our days at the pool, my kids are totally worn out at the end of the day!

On Sunday we started potty training our little man! He's 2 1/2 so it is definately time! He is doing a pretty good job with only a few accidents and to be honest the few accidents he has had have been because he waited till the last minute and didn't quite make it to the potty on time.

When Junior League starts back up in the fall my placement will be the Done In A Day (DIAD) project Chair. I am so excited about this! Not only does it automatically mean that I am a board member but it means that I won't have to go out into the community and get my placement hours (which is 40). Last year I felt like I spent all of my free time at my community placement. So, yesterday I had lunch with the Junior League president. I had never had many one-on-one conversations with her and I asked her to lunch to discuss some ideas I had for DIAD. We had such a great time! You know when you meet someone and you automatically click and you start finishing their sentences? Thats the way it was. She thought all of my ideas for DIAD were great and is going to help my implement them. I am excited though because I think I made a new friend as well! We have our summer board retreat soon and she wants me to talk to the rest of the board about my ideas and she also wants me to go to the Provisional (new member) Acceptance party and talk to them about DIAD! I am so excited about the coming year!

4 comments:

Kate said...

LOVED The Other Boleyn Girl and the Boleyn Inheritence!! I would seriously be reading them at like 2am. The movie wasn't as good as the books but still fun to watch and compare.

Unknown said...

I love summer reading! Currently headlong into a Beth Moore book about the life of Paul. Pretty good read for while I am baking in the sun during nap time.
Good luck potty training. My 2 1/2 year old girl has been for a few months now, but it was a LONG journey and one I am thankful is over....

Unknown said...

I don't know why you can't get to my blog through my profile, but to be fair here it is....
www.tjgrimm.blogspot.com

JenD said...

Hey girl!
I am stuck on the Jen Lancaster books. A great read.
where is the big splash pad near you? It was on the local news' skycam the other night, and T said we should go. It is in the city that starts with She? I know about the one in the "Big" park with the train and roller coaster. Let me know if you don't mind. You can email me if you don't want to post it.