About Me





Saturday, April 26, 2008

The race is on, and prayer please

Today I ran in my very first 5k. So exciting! I am now addicted! I can not wait to run in my next race! I finished with a very respectable time of 30 minutes and 43 seconds! I hope to run in one on May 26! We'll see.

Tomorrow is the visitation for our friend Rachel's husband. It is from 2-4. The funeral is Monday at 1. If you remember please be in prayer for her, her family and his family during those times. The next day will truly be the hardest 2 days of their lives. On behalf of Rachel, thank you.

ETA: I just checked the standings... I was 5th place for my age group!

4 comments:

AR said...

Way to go my sista'!!!

Jennifer said...

You GO GIRL!!!! I need to say I will run that one May 26th with you! I still haven't ran a race! I will definitely keep Rachel and her family in my prayers.

Christy said...

Congrats on the race! Really great time too!

A.D. said...

Congrats on the 5K. I've got to get back into the running thing. I've really been slacking.
I'll keep you and your friend in my thoughts and prayers this week. Stay strong!