About Me





Friday, April 22, 2011

The great "I AM"

Every morning I struggle to find new and inventive ways to wake my children up so we can begin the arduous task of getting ready for school. Sometimes we have a great morning and everything just seems to flow...and other (most) mornings it is the total opposite...pure chaos (including a bit of fussing, irritation and often threats of tardiness and ending up in Saturday school..even though you have to have something like 17 tardies before that happens and we haven't had any..by the skin of our teeth). This morning I was exited to wake my kids to the tune of "Easter Weekend." Now don't get me wrong, even though they are almost 9 and 11, they still enjoy your typical egg hunt but this morning we talked about Good Friday (not Earth Day..even though it is). Now it may sound to you as though we have endless amount of time in the mornings when I just got done saying how rushed we were. We don't. But what is more important than taking a few extra minutes to talk about the Great I Am? On a day when Christ gave His life for us, how could that not be the most important thing we can talk about? So, while this weekend will be about Easter egg hunts and family gatherings (which I can't wait to share pictures of with you), this weekend is about Christ's death and resurrection and celebration of our living God!!!! I can't wait for our Easter Sunday services! It is always a blessing! Join us if you can. Carie will be there too! :)



http://www.hpbaptist.com/

So didn't I tell you that Carie was a much better cook than me? She has already posted a recipe for you. I'd like to say that my crazy week of my mother-in-law breaking her arm and taking her to surgery, a day of count them...four doctors appointments for myself and kids in one day, violin, dance, work, dinners...blah, blah, blah...contributed to my lack of recipe posting, but it wouldn't be fair because I know Carie's was just as crazy. I even missed my first night of the new Bible study I'm starting. I'm telling you, next week better be a little more calm.


I have a super cool post up my sleeve that I hopfully will be posting tonight (fingers crossed) so I will see you then. Have a blessed Good Friday!!! Remember what this weekend is all about!


Jennifer


1 Peter 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead... (NIV)

1 comment:

Carie said...

Excited about this weekend! Praise and thankfulness for what He did for us! Can't wait to share with my family in this wonderful holiday! Great post my friend!